If money or wealth is considered to indicate success. Here are a List of billionaires who made it big after droping out of college. Well, the main objective of getting a ‘degree’ or graduating is to get a job, earn money. These guys showed us that a degree ‘sometimes’ is not necessary to make money or i would rater say to follow your dream and don’t be afraid to take risk or make choices.
Few Interesting facts on the Richest College DropOuts:
1.Steve Jobs: (Net Worth: $19 billion)
- Chairman, and Chief Executive Officer of Apple Inc.
- Born on February 24, 1955.
- Adopted at birth by Paul Reinhold Jobs (1922–1993)
- Following high school graduation in 1972, Jobs enrolled at Reed College in Portland, Oregon
- Jobs dropped out of college after six months and spent the next 18 months dropping in on creative classes, including a course on calligraphy.
- Sleeping on the floor in friends’ dorm rooms, returning Coke bottles for food money, and getting weekly free meals at the local Hare Krishna temple.
- Jobs had used the illegal drugs marijuana and LSD while he was in college.
- Jobs once told a reporter that taking LSD was “one of the two or three most important things” he did in his life.
- Jobs and Wozniak co-founded Apple in 1976 to sell Wozniak’s Apple I personal computer.
- Jobs was forced out of Apple in 1985.
- After leaving Apple, Jobs took a few of its members with him to found NeXT.
- The new company, Pixar, would eventually produce the first fully computer animated film, Toy Story.
- In 1997, Apple merged with NeXT. Within a few months of the merger, Jobs became CEO of his former company, reviving Apple at the verge of bankruptcy.
- He had a net worth of more than a million dollars by 1978, when he was 23 years old.
- At the time of his death in 2011, Steve Jobs’ net worth was estimated at $10.2 billion. His estate was estimated to be worth roughly $19 billion in 2015
2.Bill Gates : (Net Worth :$87.2 billion)
- William Henry “Bill” Gates III (born October 28, 1955)
- In 1975, Gates and Paul Allen co-founded of Microsoft.
- Since 1987, Gates has been included in the Forbes list of the world’s wealthiest people.
- Between 2009 and 2014, his wealth doubled from US$40 billion to more than US$82 billion.
- The son of an attorney and a schoolteacher, Gates entered Harvard in the fall of 1973 and dropped out two years later to found Microsoft with childhood friend Paul Allen.
- With a net worth of $83.9 billion, Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates is the richest man in America.
3.Mark Zuckerberg(Net Worth :$64 billion)
- Mark Elliot Zuckerberg (born May 14, 1984)
- He is an American computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur.
- He is the chairman, chief executive officer, and co-founder of Facebook.
- Zuckerberg dropped out of Harvard in his sophomore year to work on Facebook.
- Facebook expanded rapidly, reaching one billion users by 2012.
- his net worth is about 64 billion USD for the year 2017
4.Mukesh Ambani(Net Worth :$30.3 billion)
- Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani (born 19 April 1957)
- An Indian business maganate who is the chairman, managing director and largest shareholder of Reliance Industries Limited(RIL)
- Mukesh Ambani, worth $27 billion.
- The 9th richest man in the world. He joined his father’s business, Reliance Industries, in 1981 and owns 48% stake in the company.
- Ambani enrolled at Stanford in 1979 but dropped out to focus on his father’s business.
Net worth is 30.3 billion USD 2017
5.Lawrence Ellison(Net Worth :$55.4 billion)
- Lawrence Joseph “Larry” Ellison (born August 17, 1944)
- He is an American businessman, entrepreneur, and philanthropist who is co-founder of Oracle Corporation and was CEO from its founding until September 2014.
- The death of his adoptive mother prompted Larry Ellison, the founder of Oracle, to drop out of his second year at University of Illinois.
- He then spent a single term at University Of Chicago before dropping out again and moving to California in 1964.
- Ellison is the 5th richest person in the world and has amassed a fortune of $55.4 billion in 2017.